- Cleansing and purifying effect for the skin
- Supports a healthy immune system*
- Naturally repels insects
Application: A T I D
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Warm, herbaceous, floral, powdery
Main Chemical Components and Chemotype: Thymol
Plant Part: Leaf
Thought to impart courage to its bearer, Thyme was given to knights and warriors before they went into battle by ladies of the Middle Ages. During this same period, Thyme was often placed beneath pillows to help promote a peaceful sleep and to ward off nightmares. The ancient Greeks used Thyme in their baths and burned it as an incense in their temples while the Egyptians used it in their embalming rites. Today, Thyme is commonly used as a seasoning, but it also produces a potent essential oil that has cleansing and purifying effects for the skin; however, due to its high thymol content, Thyme essential oil should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil before application. Thyme has specific chemistry that supports a healthy immune system.*
- Add 2 drops to veggie capsules and take during winter time to support a healthy immune system.*
- Use when gardening to naturally repel insects.
- Use 1–2 drops in meat and entrée dishes to add a fresh herbal flavor.
- Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to targeted areas on the skin to purify and promote healthy-looking skin.
- Add Thyme essential oil to your favorite daytime diffuser blend to promote a sense of alertness.
- Provides cleansing and purifying effects for the skin.
- Use one to two drops in place of dried Thyme in your favorite recipes.
- doTERRA Thyme essential oil has a stimulating aroma.