- May help to support a healthy immune system*
- Calms tension and nerves
- Promotes feelings of relaxation
Application: A T I N
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Citrus, herbaceous
Main Chemical Components: Geranial, germacrene, neral, caryophyllene
Plant Part: Leaf, Top
Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citruslike fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”). As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa has a wide range of health benefits and uses.* Melissa is used as a flavor in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes. Because of its positive effect on mood, Melissa has long been used to calm feelings of tension and nervousness. Diffusing Melissa at night initiates a restful sleep environment and promotes emotional well-being. Melissa helps boost immunity and is especially beneficial when seasonal threats are high.*
- Diffuse doTERRA Melissa essential oil at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to help lessen feelings of stress and promote emotional well-being.
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep.
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh the mind.
- May help to support a healthy immune system.*
- Calms feelings of tension and nerves.
- Place one to two drops under the tongue or on roof of mouth.
- Blends well with the protective blend to boost its benefits.
- Promotes feelings of relaxation.
- Promotes emotional health.