- May help to support healthy digestion*
- May help to reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion*
- May help reduce occasional nausea*
Application: A T I S
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Hot, spicy, earthy, sweet
Main Chemical Components: Alpha-zingiberene
Plant Part: Root
Newly sourced from Madagascar, Ginger Essential Oil is derived from the fresh rhizome of the ginger plant—the subterranean stalk of a plant that shoots out the root system. A featured ingredient in many Asian dishes, Ginger has a hot, fragrant flavor when used as a kitchen spice. In Western tradition, Ginger is most often used in sweets—gingerbread and ginger snaps being two examples. Ginger is best known as a digestive aid and for helping to ease occasional indigestion*. Ginger essential oil can also be applied topically or inhaled to help reduce feelings of stomach irritation.*
- Use doTERRA Ginger essential oil in your favorite sweet and savory dishes
- During a long car ride along windy roads, diffuse or place a drop of Ginger in the palm of your hand and inhale.
- Apply over lower abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Great to add to your dinner for enhanced flavor.
- Use one to two drops in place of whole ginger in favorite recipes.
- Diffuse to help create a sense of equilibrium.
- Diffuse for added energy in late afternoons.
- Use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a stimulating massage.